High Dougarie Farmhouse is just north of Dougarie Lodge and is approached by a farm road about 400 metres long. The Farmhouse enjoys superb views across the Kilbrannon Sound to Kintyre and beyond and of course the surrounding hills.
For many years the House of Machrie was the farmhouse for the principle farm on the island and even had a brush with Royalty in 1904. The House is approximately half a mile inland from the western shore.
This traditional white painted former farmhouse in Machrie looks across the Kilbrannan Sound to Kintyre, and sleep 11 people. It is a 600m walk to the sea and to the Standing Stone Monuments. Well behaved dogs are welcome.