Big April Adventures Campaign - prize draw terms and conditions (UK & Ireland)
1. Open to all UK, CI, IoM and RoI residents except employees and the immediate families of VisitScotland.
2. Limited to one entry per person per draw. No third party or bulk entries will be accepted.
3. Entrants must be over 18 to take part and to be awarded the prize.
4. Draw closes at midnight on Tuesday 5 March, Tuesday 12 March, Tuesday 19 March and Tuesday 26 March 2013.
5. No purchase necessary.
6. To enter simply log onto www.visitscotland.com/bigapriladventures and register your details.
7. All entries received will be entered into the prize draw to win: Two return adult tickets for designated transport operator as requested by entrant (ScotRail, Caledonian MacBrayne or NorthLink Ferries). Tickets are valid for outward departure date between 1 April and 30 April 2013 and return travel valid up to one month from date of outward. There will be 7,800 winners of 15,600 tickets in total for month of March. Tickets for NorthLink and Caledonian MacBrayne are valid for foot passenger only. For ScotRail tickets are for travel on standard class off-peak travel only between any two stations in Scotland. (Monday to Friday travel before 0915 is not permitted, nor on services departing Glasgow Queen Street/Central, Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverley between 1642-1809 inclusive or on the 1815 Edinburgh - Glasgow Queen Street service or 1815 Glasgow Queen Street – Edinburgh service. There are no weekend travel restrictions. Travel is only valid on ScotRail services. It is not valid on other operator’s services, nor on Caledonian Sleeper services. (see footnote on Cycles on ScotRail Trains) Any unallocated tickets will be rolled over to the following week until the final draw on 26 March.
8. The prize is subject to availability for departures dates in month of April 2013. Transport operators reserve the right to offer an alternative date of travel. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
9. The prize does not include car transport on ferries, any travel insurance, any meals or related living expenses. All travel and accommodation are at winners and travel companions risk. Taxes, fuel surcharge, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades or any other expenses not specifically listed in these Terms and Conditions are the responsibility of the winner.
10. Winner and travel companion(s) must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companions must be 18 or over, unless the winner is their parent or legal guardian. The Promoter is not liable for delays, cancellations or unforeseen events related to travel. Winner and travel companions will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification and compliance with all travel and health requirements relating to acceptance and use of the prize package and must have no impediment to entering Scotland. The Promoter will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
11. All elements of prize package are non-transferrable, are subject to date availability, subject to change, are weather dependant and are subject to all prize fund provider standard operator terms and conditions, which can be found by contacting each prize provider as detailed above in 7.
12. The prize is as stated. No cash or other alternative prize is available, except that in the event of circumstances outwith its control, the promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
13. 7,800 winners in total will be drawn at random under independent supervision from all entries received on weekly basis, by 5 March, 12 March, 19, 26 March and notified within 2 weeks of the closing date. The Promoter's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Winners will be sent tickets from transport operators within 2 weeks of the closing date of the prize draw. The promoter cannot be held responsible for non receipt of tickets due to incorrect address details or non delivery by postal service; nor responsible for any additional costs incurred due to non receipt of tickets. It is recommended that no additional bookings are made (accommodation, car transport, etc) until tickets have been received.
15. In the event of noncompliance with these prize draw rules and requirements, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
16. No responsibility can be taken for any entries that are lost or delayed or which are unable to be sent due to Internet connection issues or systems failure or anything else that prevents entries being received. Proof of online entry or postage does not constitute proof of delivery.
17. By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will result in a forfeit of the prize.
18. By participating, and insofar as is permitted by law, entrants, winner and travel companions agree to release and hold harmless VisitScotland, and the transport partners ScotRail, Caledonian MacBrayne Ferries and NorthLink Ferries and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the prize draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize draw related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Promoter, ScotRail, Caledonian MacBrayne Ferries and NorthLink Ferries and their respective affiliates, agents, successors, employees, officers, directors and assigns are not responsible if any portion of the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, Acts of War, natural disasters, weather or terrorism.
19. For name and county of prize winner, send an SAE to Big April Adventures, VisitScotland, Ocean Point One, 94 Ocean Drive, Edinburgh, EH6 6JH after 1 May 2013
20. Prize winners will not be required to participate in publicity.
21. Further offers may be made to you by VisitScotland, ScotRail, Caledonian MacBrayne Ferries and NorthLink Ferries and the other companies who have provided the prize. If you would prefer not to receive these offers, please tick the opt-out option on the entry form.
22. The prize draw is governed exclusively by the laws of Scotland, which shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the prize draw or these rules. Scottish courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this prize draw provided that such exclusivity does not apply to legal actions initiated or brought by the Promoter.
23. By entering this prize draw, you confirm that you are UK resident and that you accept these terms and conditions.
24. Tickets issued are for passenger only use and must be used on date allocated by transport operator. Tickets are subject to the Company’s Condition of Carriage, displayed at and available on the request of the company’s offices and onboard vessels and train stations
25. For ferry sailings, in the event of a weather or technical disruption to the service, an executive decision will be made on next available sailings at port of departure.
26. Cycles are carried free of charge on all ScotRail trains. On some longer distance routes, a compulsory cycle reservation is required. This applies to the following routes: Glasgow/Edinburgh - Aberdeen / Inverness, Glasgow - Oban/Fort William/Mallaig, Aberdeen -Inverness, Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh, Inverness - Wick / Thurso, Glasgow - Stranraer. Cycle reservations on these routes are available up to 12 weeks in advance and are available from principal staffed stations or via ScotRail Telesales on 08457 55 00 33. On other routes, cycles can be carried without a reservation, subject to cycle space being available.
Promoter: VisitScotland, Edinburgh EH6 6JH