- Potato & Beremeal Pancakes
- By Chef Andrew Fairlie, Restaurant Andrew Fairlie, Perthshire
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||10 minutes||20 minutes|
- 150g Dry mash made from Red Rooster potatoes
- 85g beremeal flour
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 200ml milk
- 1/3ts bicarbonate soda
- Salt and pepper
- Marburry smoked salmon
- Katy Rogers crème fraîche
- Isle of Bute pepper dulce
- Mix all dry ingredients and eggs together and then add the milk gradually.
- Drop tablespoon amounts onto a slightly oiled hot skillet and cook for 90 secs on both sides.
- Allow pancakes to cool slightly and then top as generously as you wish with Katy Rogers crème fraîche and thinly sliced Marburry smoked salmon from Vincent and Ruby Marr.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped pepper dulce from the Isle of Bute that has been hand foraged by our friend Iain McKeller.
Featuring ancient ingredients like beremeal flour from the only working watermill on the island Orkney, and the very best hand-smoked salmon from Galloway in the south of Scotland, this is Andrew Fairlie's take on classic blinis, inspired by great Scottish ingredients.
Andrew is one of Scotland's most celebrated chefs and, with two of the highly coveted Michelin stars, his exquisite Restaurant Andrew Fairlie at the Gleneagles is a sumptuous setting for a meal that will live long in the memory.
To visit Andrew Fairlie's own website please go to www.andrewfairlie.co.uk for more information including menus, booking requests and gift vouchers, or for more inspiring pancake recipe ideas, check out our Cook like a celebrity: great pancake recipes from your favourite Scottish chefs page.
Share this Recipe
Latest posts by Aldona Krzemien (see all)
- Queen’s Baton Relay: 18 – 19 July - July 16, 2014
- Coca-Cola commemorative bottle features Homecoming Scotland 2014 - July 3, 2014
- April’s brilliant moments, as seen on Instagram - May 7, 2014