Welcome to #Scotweek! Scotland Week is a week long celebration of Scotland from the 3rd to the 10th April within the USA and Canada. Now entering its 6th year, it is an annual event focused on all things Scotland – featuring music, parades and other great events! This year we will be celebrating Scotland Week 2013 (unsurprisingly!).
Want to know what’s going down? Read on for a quick glimpse of the events taking place and how we’re going to cover them! We’ll be mixing things up a little, as we are going to be offering a #homecoming2014 teaser in the US/Canada as well!
Tweeting from the United States
To celebrate Scotland Week, we’re going to be handing over the VisiScotland Twitter to our US colleagues every afternoon – UK time. Our US audience will be able to check out Twitter first thing in the morning, with the team will be sharing news, commentary and thoughts straight from the heart of the celebrations!
— VisitScotland (@VisitScotland) April 2, 2013
Some of the events that will be running as part of, or alongside Scotland Week include;
- The Homecoming Scotland bus
- Our Come Home to Scotland media event in our home away from home in New York
- Bear Grylls Survival Academy in Central Park
- A Culinary Evening: Scotland’s Isle of Skye at the Highlands Restaurant
- Shetland Ponies in Cardigans on Good Morning America, not one to miss!
- Coverage from The Scotland Run
- Coverage from the Tartan Day Parade
- A live cooking Segment with Chef Micheal Smith on CanadaAM
You might also like:
Latest posts by Calum Shepherd (see all)
- Top 5 Activities in Scotland by Ciao Bambino - May 13, 2013
- Laura’s Top 5 Scottish Campsites - May 8, 2013
- Once Upon A Scotland Week… Scotland Week 2013 Highlights! - April 16, 2013