5 eco-forest lodges where guests can choose to stay in a lodge deep in the Scots pine forest or in one overlooking the beautiful tranquil lochan. Pets welcome.
Just 5 luxury self catering lodges secluded away in a tranquil Scots Pine Forest adjacent to a beautiful lochan. Right in the heart of Royal Deeside and adjacent to the Cairngorm National Park, the lodges are located midway between the famous Royal Deeside villages of Aboyne and Ballater.
The forest is a haven for many species of wildlife and guests are very likely to be visited by red squirrels during their stay. The surrounding area is steeped in history with many castles, including Balmoral Castle, the Scottish summer retreat of the Royal Family close by. A number of sites of historic interest are within a short drive of the lodges, including Tomnaverie Stone Circle and The Culsh Earth House.
The Lodges have been finished to a high standard and offer a double and a twin bedroom, a bathroom with walk in shower and a fully fitted kitchen. 4 persons are comfortably accommodated.
Well behaved pets are most welcome and thoroughly enjoy all the forest walks right on their doorstep!
The lounge is spacious where you can relax in comfort with a homely wood burning stove and TV. The woodburning stove provides the hot water which in turn heats the radiators in every room.
- Fire lighters and an abundance of logs from our own forests are supplied for your woodburning stove
- Double room and twin room with freshly laundered organic fairtrade bed linen and towels
- TV with Free Sat and DVD
- A fully equipped kitchen including crockery and cooking utilities for 6
- A hairdryer
- A small welcome pack supplied
- High Chair, Fireguard and Iron (available on request)
- A charcoal BBQ
- A selection of novels and DVDs for the odd wet day.
- Your electricity during your stay
What to expect:
On arrival you will be met by your host who will hand over your keys and make sure you have everything you need for your stay. On chilly days your host will have the fire roaring in your lodge to ensure a very warm welcome.