St Michael's Parish Church

Churches, Cathedrals & Abbeys

The Peel, Kirkgate, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 7AL

    One of the finest examples of a large medieval burgh church.

    Consecrated in 1242 on the site of an earlier church, most of the present building dates from the 15th century with some 19th and 20th century restoration.

    Situated beside Linlithgow Palace, its history is intertwined with that of the Royal House of Stewart. The modern aluminium crown of thorns (1964) symbolises the Church's continuing witness to Christ's Kingship. Window commemorating 750th anniversary of the church (1992) by Crear McCartney. Carving of Queen by John Donaldson added to Queen's pulpit in 2003. New organ installed by Matthew Copley 2001, from Queen Ethelburga's College, Harrogate.

    The Peel, Linlithgow Palace and Loch adjacent.

    Opening Times
    Open All Year
    2014 Opening Times
    1 Jan 2014 - 31 Dec 2014

    Public Transport Directions

    Getting there by railway:- From Linlithgow turn west on High Street at cross proceed up Kirkgate, church immediately through decorated archway.

    Transport within Scotland

    For public transport information to visit here from within Scotland, enter your postcode and visit date below.

    Journey Planner
    Share

    What's Nearby

    Recently Viewed