All are welcome at the Glasgow Gurdwara.
Glasgow Gurdwara Albert Drive marks progress for the Sikh community by proudly serving the Sikh community as the first purpose built Gurdwara in Scotland. Situated in multicultural Pollokshields, the Gurdwara acts as a cultural, educational and religious hub for Sikhs and the wider community
The tours of the Gurdwara are approximately 45 minutes. Groups of all sizes are welcome. The tour will consist of the following format:
- An introduction of what happens at the Gurdwara on a day-to-day basis.
- Following this introduction, the group will be led upstairs to the Darbar Hall (prayer hall), Educational Suite and Sachkhand Room.
- The tour guide will provide information on the Guru Granth Sahib and the role that the Holy Scriptures play in the Sikh faith.
- The group will then be taken into the Darbar Hall (prayer hall). When leaving the Darbar Hall, classrooms and other facilities will be covered along with their purposes.
- The group will then be led downstairs to the Langar Hall. This is where the tour will conclude.
- Visitors are free to ask any questions that they may have and are also welcome to share in a meal.