A modern, recently refurbished 4 bedroom house on the West coast of North Uist. The house is centrally heated and features 1 Kingsize bed(on suite shower room) and 3 twin beds together with a dining room, sitting room, kitchen and small scullery.
There is parking for three or more cars and the nearest beach is about ten minutes' walk away. In addition there is an externally accessed "greenhouse" suitable for drying and a garden of about an acre. North Uist is a special place, with long largely empty beaches with white sands and clear blue seas, a very varied wildlife (Balranald RSPB is five miles away), moderate hills for walking and climbing and some of the best sea and loch fishing in the world.
Price £350 - £650 per week "Heisker" is situated on the West side of North Uist in the small village of Balemore, not for from the RSPB Reserve at Balranald. It is about half a mile from a series of very long ocean-facing sandy beaches and about two miles from Bayhead and the store there with fuel, bread, milk and other essentials. Some of the local beaches are suitable for surfing in the right conditions. The nearest pub is about four miles away.
The house features the following accommodation:
- One king size bedroom with onsuite shower room and a twin bedroom downstairs and two twin bedrooms upstairs
- Separate bathroom with bath, shower attachment and WC
- Shower room with "power shower", WC and basin
- The kitchen is fully equipped with electric hob/oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave oven. All cutlery, glasses and crockery are provided together with other kitchen utensils
- Utility room or scullery with washing machine, tumble drier and clothes hanger
- Oil-fired central heating with radiators in every room
- All bedrooms are fully provided with linen. Towels and beach towels are also provided
- Dining room with large dining table to seat eight adults
- Sitting room with two large sofas and a variety of other occasional chairs. The walls are decorated with a variety of Hebridean works of art.
- A CD/Radio/tape player and a TV with DVD and VCR are also available for use.
The house is in approximately one acre of ground with lawn to the front and grass to the rear. There is a drying area at the rear of the house in the "greenhouse" (useful for hanging wetsuits etc) and there is also a drying "green". The grounds are completely fenced in and there is a cattle grid over the main driveway.