4 bedrooms ● Sleep 6+3 ● FREE secure WiFi ● SKY TV ● Dog welcome ● Loch View ● At the entrance to the Drimsynie Estate ● Close to a leisure centre, restaurants and entertainment.● Short breaks welcome ● Ideal family & friends holiday
What makes Hightrees special:
At the entrance to the Drimsynie Estate but a private holiday home. Benefit from this great location within walking distance of a great selection of activities, places to eat and entertainment.
- To book this holiday home
- You can make an online request via the Check Availability & Book > Button - NO MONEY IS TAKEN AT THIS POINT - we will email you an online invoice for the deposit or full payment depending on which is due.
Hightrees is a 4 bedroom detached bungalow at the entrance to the Drimsynie Estate. Views from the lounge are of the tall sequoia trees, over the golf course and towards the head of Loch Goil. Steps away from the footbridge that leads to the shore side walk into the village.
Private parking by the entrance to the house. Enter via the hallway into the dining and open plan lounge areas with laminate flooring, This area is bright and roomy and is ideal for family and friends to socialise. There are no blinds or curtains in the lounge as the owner does not want to obscure the view. There is a fully equipped kitchen adjacent to the dining area. The 4 bedrooms have a flexible sleeping arrangement depending on the make-up of your party. There is a family bathroom as well as a second WC.
Hightrees is Ideal for 6 guests but offers the option of sleeping up to 9.
Outside, and down some steps, you come to a large grassy area leading down to the golf course.. This is great space for children to play or else to sit out and enjoy the view. There is also a deck area surrounded by trees and shrubs.
- Bedrooms and bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: Double with king sized bed
- Bedroom 2: Double
- Bedroom 3: Single room with a top bunk. Option of a lower single bed so this room can sleep 2
- Bedroom 4: Single room with a top bunk. Option of a lower double bed so this room can sleep 3
- Family bathroom with shower over bath and toilet
- Additional WC and sink
- Comment about the bedrooms: Hightrees is best suited to families with chiuldren as the fold out lower beds, although adult size, cannot be considered as comfortable as full sized beds.
- SKY+ Recordable TV so you can watch your favourite programmes later
- Steps to entrance • All on ground floor
- Living room with dining area and 42" wall mounted TV
- Kitchen.with fridge freezer and equipped as you would expect for a self cater holiday
- Electric fire in living room
- Oil central heating
- DVD, Stereo & iPod docking station
- Parking- 3 cars
- Llinen included • Beds made up for your arrival • Towels not includes but there is an option of towel hire £20
- Travel cot available - sorry, no high chair
- Welcome pack included
- No smoking please
- There is a deck to the side with a picnic table
- Large open grassy area to the front
- Energy included
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in all toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
One dog is welcome. £30 charge.
Good Housekeepong Deposit - the small print
You are required to provide a Credit / Debit Card prior to arrival for the pre-authorisation of funds to the value of £100. This authorisation will be removed from your card after departure provided that Hightrees is undamaged, clean and tidy. Single-sex and youth group bookings are only accepted if declared and agreed at the time of booking and may be subject to an additional deposit. Pre-authorisation is not a charge and no funds will be debited from your account unless you forfeit your pre-authorised amount. Please note that in the event that any damage is greater than the security deposit you are liable for the difference. Should a charge be made you have the right to dispute it with your card company who will be the final arbiter.
2016 at Drimsynie - Exciting New
Work has started on a long planned for redevelopment of some of the public space at Drimsynie. They are building and/or extending what was the entrance and new wing. Information is limited as to how long this will take but I have no doubt that once completed it will offer some new and exciting areas for all visitors to enjoy. The work is well away from this lodge so you will not be inconvenienced. At some point some activities may not be available (indoor bowling, crazy golf and snooker). The Estate will make plans to minimise any disruption to activities. It is still very much business-as-usual. If you need more information, or if you would like an update on what activities will be available during your stay, please contact us at 07823554508.
The Drimsynie Holiday Village
A popular choice for families and groups of friends wanting to have a range of activities, places to eat and entertainment on site. Safe to say that Drimsynie offers a unique choice in the west of Scotland with its first class all-weather leisure facilities. Use it as a base to explore the area or come and enjoy what they have to offer on the park.
Local Guides - follow the links at the bottom of this page for local guides on: Lochgoilhead & Area • Activities on and around the Drimsynie Estate • Eating Out • Get Afloat • Local Walking Guide - ordered online - £4
- Pubs & Restaurants
- A short walk to the regular entertainment and family nights (during holiday dates). You will be given a What's On Programme on arrival. The Rob Roy Lounge serves bar meals and take-away. There is also an adults only Fireside Bar.
- La Rustica Restaurant is upstairs in the original Drimsynie House Hotel. Open Wednesday to Sunday. Can be seasonal.
- 1 mile away is The Goil Inn which is the village pub. Bar meals & take-away, pool table and TV for watching sport
- The Goil Inn has regular Friday night bar entertainment and acoustic nights.
- Walk over the footbridge and follow the path round the head of the loch to the Shore House Inn. Restaurant and bar. Open Wednesday to Sunday. Take-away pizzas.
- Activities - At a glance
- On site Leisure Centre with 25m indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room & gym and more.
- On site 9-hole golf course skirting the loch and River Goil
- On-site Argyll Bike Hire.
- 1 mile to Loch Goil Cruisers - all year boat hire
- Fishing on the shores of Loch Goil - or hire a boat
- Wonderful walking - choice of marked trails or tackle some of the Arrochar Alps just outside the glen
- Post Office, newsagent and small grocery store in the village
- Costcutter mini-market - open 7 days - on the Estate
- No supermarket delivers to the village. Many guests shop at ASDA or Morrisons in Dumbarton or the Co-Op in Balloch on the way to Lochgoilhead
- Petrol - there is no garage in the village. Nearest petrol stations are: Strachur, Arrochar and Inveraray
- General Information
- Mobile phone reception - Vodafone - if you use another service please check with your provider about cover
- Self-service laundry adjacent to the Costcutter store
- Hairdresser and Beauty Treatment Rooms