The Old Mill, a charming 18th century converted mill has been transformed into a tasteful self-catering property in Edinburgh.
Set on the banks of a small river with surrounding woodland this idyllic relaxing getaway sleeps 2 - 6 and is perfect for couples and families who want a base to explore Edinburgh from. We're only 5 km from city centre and on a regular direct bus service (Lothain Bus No 44 and 45).
The Old Mill with its coved ceilings is tastefully decorated with a blend of chic contemporary decor, homely furnishings, and stylish original art. There are 2 bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) plus a sofa bed which sleeps 2. You'll enjoy a heavenly night's sleep as you sink into the luxurious linen from Hilden. The open plan kitchen / diner and a separate sitting room with French windows leads out to a private patio and BBQ on the banks of the river where you can even try your hand at fishing! The stone tiled shower room with quality bathroom products will leave you feeling pampered and rejuvenated.
The charming village of Juniper Green is a stone's throw away (300m along a wooded path) where there are pubs, restaurants, local shops and an excellent deli serving delicious food all day.
- Nearest amenities are 300m away
- Family friendly (suitable for children of all ages)
- Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
- Pets allowed - please enquire
- No smoking
- Fuel and power included in price
We offer a range of extras such as:
- Laundry service
- Fresh locally sourced breakfast basket
- Morning paper
- Pre arrival shopping service where we can advise you on the best seasonal produce available from artisan local providers
- Pick up at airport/ferry terminal
- Assistance with car hire, flights and other travel arrangements
- Identify and organise local excursions