Archie's Cottage is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac in the crofting community of Garrabost approx 7 miles from the main town of Stornoway, on a main bus route. The property is set in an elevated position with stunning views over Broadbay and the Minch
The town of Stornoway has most local amenities including independent shops, supermarkets, restaurants, takeaways, cafes, petrol stations, a museum, golf course, sports centre, local arts centre and the historic Lews castle with acres of ground to go for walks. There is also a very popular farmers market held ever Saturday morning all year (and Friday afternoon during the summer) selling locally grown and made produce.
• The cottage sleeps 6 with one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and a double sofa bed in the downstairs sitting room.
• The bathroom has a modern suite with shower over the bath and heated towel rail.
• The kitchen has an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer and washing machine, there is a washing line outside the cottage.
• The dining room has a wood burning stove and the sitting room has a Freeview TV and DVD player.
• Outside, the cottage has an enclosed garden and off road parking.
• You will also receive a welcome tray containing tea, coffee, milk, sugar, 6 fresh free range eggs from the owner's hens and a locally made treat.
• Electric is included in the price and bed linen & towels are provided; there is also an initial supply of logs, kindling, fire lighters and matches.
The barn next to the cottage is used by a Harris Tweed weaver who is often there and would be pleased to have a chat with you.