Directions from the South
1. Head for the M8 between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Head for Edinburgh
2. Take junction 3 Livingston (not 3A)
3. At the roundabout with the arch head for Broxburn A899
4. Straight through the next roundabout to Beecraigs Country Park/ Dechmont.
5. At the mini-roundabout turn left towards Dechmont
6. Before you pass any houses on the right hand side, turn right towards Linlithgow / Beecraigs C.P. (you have approx. 11/2 miles to go)
7. When the road goes down a steep hill, then up a steep hill and turns right at the top of the hill. Turn left at the top of the hill and follow the farm track to the farm buildings.
Public Transport Directions
From the nearest information centre:- From Linlithgow Tourist Information Centre take left on High Street towards Edinburgh and then right at mini roundabout. Take first right after going under rail bridge, follow this road over the canal and out of town. About 1 mile from Linlithgow take right to Dechmont, follow this road for 2 miles past West Binny and round a sharp right turn. The farm entrance is on the corner as the road takes a sharp left to go downhill. Watch for Guest House sign.
From Linlithgow TIC please note there are roadworks at present and there may be diversions so telephone 01506 811209 to check
Getting there by aeroplane:- From Edinburgh Airport go through 2 roundabouts to A8 Livingston or M8 roundabout. Take A89 Broxburn mini roundabout, keep left for Livingston. Straight through lights, take right at big roundabout to Dechmont/Beecraigs Country Park, left at the mini roundabout. Take first right to Beecraigs/Linlithgow, follow road for approximately 1.5 miles and take left at the top of the hill as the main road goes right. Follow farm track to house.