Note that the cottage is behind Innerleithen High Street and reached via Hall Street. Full directions for visitors coming by car are at further down this page.
One car can be parked outside Cosaig. Please park any additional vehicles in the nearby car park (about 50 yards away). Please take bikes to lockable shed, accessible via the High Street entrance (see walking directions below).
From the bus stop you will see the “Saffron”. Take the alleyway to the right of the restaurant (through a
wooden gate). The shed is on the left just before the path bends to the right. Cosaig is the first cottage on the left after the bend.
Below are instructions if you are travelling by car from Galashiels, Edinburgh, Moffat and Glasgow which pretty much covers all angles!
1. Head northwest on Glendinning Terrace toward A7 (1/3rd mile)
2. Turn left onto A7 (50 yards)
3. Turn right onto Plumtreehall Brae (1/5th mile)
4. Turn right onto A72
Go through 1 roundabout (3.7 miles)
5. At The Nest Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Cliff Rd/A72
Continue to follow A72 through Walkerburn (7.5 miles)
6. At the far end of Innerleithen High Street, turn right (after Caldwell’s ice cream shop) onto Hall St (100 yards)
7. Turn right at public toilets
Cosaig is on the right (30 yards)
1. Take the 1st left onto N Bridge/A7
Continue to follow A7 (1.1 miles)
2. Continue onto Newington Rd/A701
Continue to follow A701
Go through 1 roundabout (3.8 miles)
3. Keep left at the fork
Continue to follow A701
Go through 2 roundabouts (2 miles)
4. Turn left to stay on A701
Go through 1 roundabout (3.2 miles)
5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on A701 (0.2 miles)
6. Turn left to stay on A701 (3 miles)
7. Continue onto Peebles Rd/A703
Continue to follow A703 (9.8 miles)
8. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Innerleithen Rd/A72
Continue to follow A72 (6.1 miles).
9. Pass Innerleithen Co-op on your right then turn left onto Hall St (100 yards)
10. Turn right at public toilets. Cosaig is on your right (30 yards)
1. Head west on Buccleuch Pl toward Hartfell Crescent (50 yards)
2. Slight left onto Hartfell Crescent (30 yards)
3. Turn left onto Old Well Rd (15 yards)
4. Take the 1st right onto Dundanion Rd (0.1 miles)
5. Turn right onto Eastgate (150 yards)
6. Turn left onto Academy Rd/A701
Continue to follow A701 (40 yards
7. Take the 1st left onto High St/A701
Continue to follow A701 (0.2 miles)
8. Continue onto Holm St/A708
Continue to follow A708
Go through 2 roundabouts (21.3 miles)
9. Turn left toward B709 (3.6 miles)
10. Continue straight onto B709 (4.2 miles)
11. Turn left toward Traquair Rd/B709 (0.4 miles)
12. Continue straight onto Traquair Rd/B709 (0.3 miles). Pass the Traquair Arms on your right.
13. Continue over the cross roads onto Hall St (100 yards)
14. Turn right at public toilets. Cosaig is on your right
1. Head west on Killermont St toward W Nile St (150 yards)
2. Turn right onto W Nile St (50 yards)
3. Continue straight onto Port Dundas Rd (0.2 miles)
4. Turn right onto Milton St (0.2 miles)
5. Take the 2nd left onto Dobbie’s Loan/A804 (100 yards)
6. Slight right to stay on Dobbie’s Loan/A804 (40 yards)
7. Continue onto Craighall Rd/A879 (60 yards)
8. Turn right to merge onto M8 toward Edinburgh/Stirling/M80/Carlisle/M74 (7.3 miles)
9. Continue onto Glasgow and Edinburgh Rd/A8 (5.9 miles)
10. At junction 6, take the A73 exit to Airdrie/Wishaw/Lanark (0.2 miles)
11. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Bellside Rd/A73
Continue to follow A73
Go through 3 roundabouts (3.9 miles)
12. Turn left onto Westwood Rd/A73
Continue to follow A73
Go through 3 roundabouts (4.2 miles)
13. Turn left onto Glamis Ave/A721 (0.2 miles)
14. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Chapel St/A721 (0.2 miles)
15. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A721
Go through 1 roundabout (6.3 miles)
16. Continue onto Main St/A70 (2.8 miles)
17. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Caldwell Terrace/A721
Continue to follow A721 (4.5 miles)
18. Turn right to stay on A721 (3.2 miles)
19. Turn right onto Edinburgh Rd/A702 (40 yards)
20. Take the 1st left onto Roman Rd/A721 (2.2 miles)
21. Turn left onto A72 (0.6 miles)
22. Keep right at the fork (90 yards)
23. Turn right to stay on A72 (9.7 miles)
24. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on A72
Go through 1 roundabout (6.4 miles)
25. Pass Innerleithen Co-op on your right then turn left onto Hall St (100 yards)
26. Turn right at public toilets. Cosaig is on your right (30 yards)
Edinburgh is easily accessible by train/coach. From there, bus services run half hourly throughout the day. If you have difficulty using public transport, please ask and we may well be able to collect you from the station or airport.
Innerleithen is on the number 62 bus route and buses stop on the North Bridge in Edinburgh and at Stirling Street bus station in Galashiels.
The nearest bus stop to Cosaig when coming from Galashiels direction is outside the Post Office, and from Peebles direction outside the Union Club. It is a 2 minute walk from the bus stops to Cosaig.
Step back in time at Robert Smails Printing Works, a completely restored printing works and see how...
Visit the oldest inhabited house in Scotland and discover its fascinating history. This is a...
Situated 2.5 miles from Peebles town centre on the B7062, Kailzie Gardens in the Scottish Borders...
The Peebles Quadrangle is an impressive war memorial.
The Tweed Valley Osprey Watch comprises of two osprey watch centres showing live images from an...
John Buchan is one of Scotland's most famous authors, chiefly remembered for The Thirty Nine Steps...
Welcome to The Place to Potter, Paint & Play.
Explore this broad collection of objects and learn about the area’s fascinating history at the...
Watch salmon swim upriver to spawn at the Philiphaugh Salmon Viewing Centre.
Explore Bank Street Gardens in Galashiels.
Discover the life of Sir Walter Scott and the history of Selkirk at Sir Walter Scott’s Courtroom.
Old Gala House And Scott Gallery is an impressive building boasting a history spanning five...
Enjoy wonderful scenery and a variety of wildlife to spot at Whitlaw Mosses in the Scottish Borders...
This award-winning museum recreates the building's former use as a home and ironmonger's shop.
Original Daylight Photographic Studio, dating from 1867.
Bowhill is a five star visitor attraction with much to offer visitors, including:
In the depths of the Scottish Borders countryside, Dawyck Botanic Garden has a stunning collection...
Whitmuir is a small, organic farm in the Scottish Borders about 16 miles south of Edinburgh.
Dancing Light Gallery is an exciting rural art gallery which forms part of a beautiful new...
Abbotsford is the ancestral home of Sir Walter Scott, the 19th century novelist and poet of...
Harmony Garden is a walled garden in the Scottish Borders town of Melrose.
Located in the heart of Melrose and within three minutes walk of the abbey, this small...
Priorwood Garden and Dried Flower Shop in Melrose is Scotland’s only dedicated dried flower garden...
Get the most from your golf break in the Scottish Borders by picking up the Freedom of the Fairways...
Melrose Abbey is a magnificent ruin on a grand scale with lavishly decorated masonry.
One of the seven ‘Great Houses of Scotland’, Thirlestane Castle boasts a beautiful fairytale like...
Welcome to Milestone Garden and Leisure, an independent garden and visitor centre in the Scottish...
Soutra Aisle dated 1686 is a family burial vault, constructed when the Scottish Church banned...
Visit Grey Mare’s Tail Nature Reserve for fantastic walking and wildlife spotting opportunities.
Perhaps the most beautiful of all the Border Abbeys, the ruins of Dryburgh Abbey are remarkably...
105 hectares of woods and Victorian parkland including a 1876 Victorian mansion - part of which is...
For Accommodation and information, please call:
Open Mon to Fri: 0900 - 1700
Closed on Saturday & Sunday
*Calls may be recorded
Build your own itineraries by clicking the 'add to shortlist' button to add an item to your Itinerary basket.