Public Transport Directions
By BUS from the Tourist Information Centre above Princes Mall:
- cross Princes Street to the shops-side and take BUS 25 from outside "Phones 4 U".
- SINGLE fare is £1.50 (any distance) or buy a DAY TICKET on the bus for £3.50. You need the exact money as the drivers do not give change.
- ask the driver for "Restalrig Road" (see Location Map above). Before the bus turns right at the traffic lights into Restalrig Road, you will see the park of Leith Links on your left.
- get off the bus on Restalrig Road and walk back towards the park past the "Bijou" diner on the corner - Crioch is 35 metres away overlooking the park of Leith Links with a bus stop in front.
Edinburgh Waverley is the main station in the city centre. West of the centre there is also Edinburgh Haymarket.
- TAXI from Waverley Station to Crioch is about £8.
TIP: if there are no taxis inside the station, follow the road up onto Waverley Bridge, turn right, and there is a small taxi rank beside the telephone boxes near Princes Mall entrance.
- BUS from Waverley: cross to the shops-side of Princes Street and take BUS 25 from outside "Phones 4 U". [See "By BUS from the Tourist Information Centre" above]
- TAXI from Haymarket to Crioch is about £11-£12.
- BUS from Haymarket: walk out of the station past "Ryries" bar on the corner and turn right into Dalry Road. Take BUS 25 from here and follow the same BUS directions above.
By AIR from EDINBURGH AIRPORT:
- follow A8 towards city centre
- after Gogar Roundabout, turn left onto Maybury Road and follow signs to LEITH
- at 5-way roundabout with Shell petrol station, take 3rd exit onto Ferry Road and continue straight for 2 miles (3km)
- after BP petrol station, turn right at traffic lights onto Junction Street, crossing the bridge over the Water of Leith
- continue straight on through 2 sets of traffic lights until mini-roundabout
- turn left and continue with the park on your left (see Map above)
- 400m ahead you will see a crossroads with traffic lights; just before the traffic lights on your right is a bus stop - Crioch is here.
See "Road Directions" above.
TAXI: from the airport costs £22-£25 and takes 35-60 minutes, depending on the time of day.
- take Airlink BUS 100 (www.flybybus.com) to city centre - single fare £3.50, open return £6.00. Journey time: 25 minutes.
- bus terminates on Waverley Bridge, above train station. From here, take TAXI to Crioch (about £8). OR take BUS 25 from Princes Street - see "By BUS from the Tourist Information Centre" above.