Regional Finalist 2013 and 2012, Scottish Thistle Awards, Best B&B/Guest House. Country family home with 3 spacious ground floor bedrooms (2 ensuite, 1 private bathroom), 5 minutes from Jedburgh by car. Outdoor hot tub, great views, private parking.
REGIONAL FINALIST 2013 and 2012, "BEST B&B/GUESTHOUSE", SCOTTISH THISTLE AWARDS
Situated in 1 ½ acres of private land and surrounded by open countryside, Glenacre Bed and Breakfast is a new country family home with three spacious, specially designed ground floor bedrooms (all with private bathrooms, two en suite), a guest lounge with wood burning stove and a cosy breakfast room. Owners Sarah and Tom look forward to welcoming you.
With ample off road parking, locking storage for motorbikes/ bikes, outdoor gear etc, jet-wash facilities and the beautiful guest lounge, Glenacre can accommodate walkers, motor enthusiasts, cyclists or those who simply want to relax.
We now have 2 dog kennels at the back of the garage, bookable for canine guests
HOT TUB for guest use. Relax and take in the views over the Jed Water in our 5 person outdoor spa pool
Rooms are from £32.50pppn (based on 2 sharing) Located 4 miles south of the historic town of Jedburgh, Glenacre B&B is easily accessible from the A68, the main tourist route from Edinburgh (55 miles away) to Newcastle (45 miles away), making it the perfect base to explore either the Borders or the North of England.
Access to the B&B is via a gently sloping ramp and all doors are wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs. Glenacre is completely non-smoking but feel free to take in the fresh air and the views around the property!
Our three spacious bedrooms (a super-king, a double and a twin) are presented to an exceptionally high standard, and mix contemporary and traditional furniture and décor. Both the king and the double rooms can accommodate a child on either a folding bed or travel cot. All rooms have down duvets, easy chairs, television, tea/coffee making facilities, and hair dryers as well as free access to wireless internet connection (also available in the guest lounge). Book all 3 rooms for an intimate family reunion
All rooms enjoy fine views, peace and tranquillity- you will only wake up when you want to!
Oak Room- Super-king size bed. French door access to a deck and spectacular views over the Jed Valley. En suite shower facilities include a Matki curved shower enclosure and heated chrome towel rail
Beech Room- Double bed. En suite "wet room" facilities, suitable for disabled guests.
Elm Room- Twin beds. Exclusive use of a large, traditional bathroom, complete with roll top bath, and chrome shower head.
Light evening meals, using quality local produce, can be provided by prior arrangement, as can packed lunches. Jedburgh (5 minutes by car) has many great restaurants, cafes and bars, serving everything from Thai to Indian to traditional Scottish.
THING TO DO
• There are many great walks in the area and the proprietors are happy to provide maps and transport, should you want to start or finish a few (or many) miles away from the accommodation. Packed lunches can also be provided at an additional cost. The proprietors are happy to provide a basic laundry service, if outdoor clothing requires it.
• Horse riding can be booked for intermediate/experienced riders (one or two hour hacks, dependent on season)
• A local beautician can be pre-booked and pamper weekends can be arranged for groups of friends
• The Scottish Borders has a full program of vintage/classic car rallies. The proprietors are the proud owners of a vintage Beetle and appreciate the requirements for space and security, and are able to provide both.
• Sports facilities (swimming pool, squash, gym, running track, tennis) and golf course in Jedburgh