Three very comfy traditional farm cottages, standing in a peaceful spot, above the River Tweed, downstream from Kelso. Each sleeps up to 4 people, discounts for couples. Internet included. Dogs welcome. Suppers can be delivered too!
Three Traditional Cottages at Hendersyde Farm, Kelso - waiting to welcome you!
If you are looking for a peaceful spot, surrounded by walks, wildlife and wonderful views - Hendersyde might just be the place for you!
Hendersyde is our family farm, lying between the River Tweed and Eden Water, just 2 miles downstream from the delightful market town of Kelso, in the heart of the Scottish Borders.
The cottages stand in a peaceful spot, at the end of the end of their own lane, in the middle of the farm! Natural Scotland is on the doorstep!
- Clean, comfy & very well equipped, with central heating & cosy sitting room fires.
- Each cottage sleeps up to 4 people, in a twin and double bed room.
- Discounts for couples, if only one of the bed rooms is used.
- Prices are inclusive, with Broadband internet connection.
- Delicious suppers can be delivered to your cottage door.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome in West and East Cottages - £20 per dog
The cottages are in walking distance of Kelso - which has to be one of Scotland's most attractive country towns!
Nearby - almost on our doorstep -
- Kelso is just over 2 miles away, standing on the junction of The River Tweed & Teviot Water.
- The French-styled, cobbled market square is surrounded by a great selection local shops, galleries, places to eat and delightful river-side walks. On the fourth Saturday of the month is also the venue for The Farmers Market.
- There's always a buzz about the town with lots of events at The Border Union Show Ground and Floors Castle.
- Kelso National Hunt Race Course & Kelso Golf Course - at the end of the farm road,
- The River Tweed, world famous for salmon fishing is 2 fields away from the cottages!
- Golf courses abound -The Roxburghe Championship Course is about four miles away.
- The Hirsel Golf Course and Country Park are only 8 miles, at Coldstream
Whether you would like to walk or ride this land of rivers and hills....
- Stroll through gardens such as Dawyck or Kailzie by Peebles, where Osprey are shown live on web-cam.
- Pop over the border to visit Alnwick Castle and Gardens in Northumberland.
- Feel the history of castles, abbeys and great houses.
- Explore the stunning coast from St Abbs Head, Lindisfarne, The Farne Islands and Bamburgh Castle, to the Border Hills, the space, light and views will take your breath away!
- Maybe have a day in Edinburgh - or Newcastle.
- Cycle quiet roads or hurtle down mountain bike runs at Glentress.... you'll certainly feel the glow!
On a calmer note - the Borders oozes creative talent!
- "Craftsmen" working with cashmere, wool, wood, glass, clay, metal, pencil and paint have found inspiration here.
- Over 80 local craft workshops, galleries and exhibitions welcome you!
- See the Crossing Borders link on our web site.
If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to get in touch, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mobile 07809 426 997 – I will be very happy to help! Sue