Kings House Cottages are six detached bungalows in an attractive courtyard format, in the grounds of the Kings House Hotel, amid the magnificent scenery of The Trossachs within Scotland's first National Park.
Cottages are let Weekly, Saturday to Saturday, commencing at 4.00pm and end at 10.00am the following Saturday.
Short breaks are available outwith the High demand periods. Click on the "Check Availability Button for availability and prices. Each cottage has 2 bedrooms (1 twin, 1 double), bathroom with bath and shower, kitchen, open plan living and dining area, with all accommodation on ground floor level.
Historically the Kings House occupied an important position dating back to 1571 as it was once the hunting lodge of King James VI and was set firmly in the clan lands of the MacLarens whose connections with the area dates back to the 12th century.
Another famous resident in the parish of Balquhidder was the outlaw Rob Roy MacGregor who ran his cattle business from various locations in the area. After this period in the wake of the failure of "The 45" rising the name of Kings House was bestowed on the building by virtue of the fact a garrison was billeted here during construction of the military roads network, under the supervision of Generals Wade and Caufield.