Luxury spacious penthouse with parking + balcony, right in the city centre. It’s the holiday home of the owners, so is a fully equipped luxury home with spacious accommodation. Ideal for luxury or family breaks. Short breaks available.
Stunning penthouse right in the centre of Edinburgh with private parking in exclusive quiet development. Ideal for luxury breaks, family holidays, or business trips, it's only a 10 minute walk to Princes Street, Princes Street Gardens, tourist attractions, shops, restaurants etc, and 5 minute walk to The Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. It has private parking and it has its' own private balcony.
The Penthouse is the personal home of the owners for when they visit their daughters in Edinburgh, and it really is a fully furnished home, and NOT a typical rental property. It has been rated a 5 star property by VisitScotland, and has been awarded "Top Rental Property" by Flipkey, and awarded "Rated Excellent" by TripAdvisor and Flipkey.
The spacious accommodation comprises of:-
1) a large eating kitchen with every Bosch appliance you could ever need (double ovens, hob, deep-freeze, washer/dryer, fridge, and dishwasher), microwave, Le Creuset pans, as well as less heavy pans should guests prefer these, food blender, coffee percolator, George Foreman grill etc and all the kitchen equipment you could possibly need to prepare a dinner party for a large number of guests. It is the usual crockery and cutlery for daily use, as well as fine Royal Doulton dinner services, Arthur Price cutlery and Royal Doulton crystal glasses for a special occasion. One wall of the kitchen is glass, leading onto the private balcony.
2) a large lounge + dining-room that can comfortably accommodate up to 8 guests, with Danish furniture specially commissioned for the owners. The lounge has a 42" Plasma TV, with TV/Blu-Ray/Virgin Cable TV, and over 200 movies on dvd/Blu-Ray, plus has it hifi and free wifi. One part of the sofa can be made into a double sofa-bed if needed;
3) a large master bedroom, again with designer furnishing, with TV and dvd player, ipod docking station, hairdryers, travel adaptors, luggage scales, and a safe for guests to use during their stay. It has lots of hanging space in the double wardrobe + there are two chests of drawers, and bedside tables with lots of elegant lighting. If needed there is a cot that can be placed in one of the bedrooms for a baby/toddler;
4) an ensuite which is located off the master bedroom, with double walk-in shower, toilet, and wash-hand basin;
5) bedroom 2 is a large bedroom with specially built beds that can be varied to meet your requirements, as they can be set-up as either two single beds, or they can link together to make one large super-king bed. There is a TV/DVD player, an ipod docking station, hairdryer, lots of hanging space in the double wardrobe and plenty of space in chest of drawers etc;
6) Bedroom three is a twin bedroom with two single beds, TV/DVD player, floor lighting, plenty hanging space in the double wardrobe, and it has a chest of drawers etc
7) Stunning bathroom in black, white and grey, with bath and overhead shower. Sitting above the bath is a full length, height etc glass wall with sliding glass doors for access.
The Penthouse is in a fantastic location, only a 10 minute walk to Princes Street, the main street in the centre of the city, yet in an area VERY safe to walk with young families at any time. Within a 5 minute walk from The Penthouse there are lots of restaurants, city centre mini supermarkets, the main theatre in Edinburgh, a multiplex cinema complex with family friendly restaurants, excellent shops e.g. Harvey Nichols, deli's, bakers etc and a small playground. Also within a 5 minute walk are city centre car rental depots should you wish to rent a car when you're in Edinburgh. It also has private parking, which you definitely need if you wish to have a car with you when you're in Edinburgh. Yet The Penthouse is in a very quiet exclusive development with no passing traffic, so it's incredibly quiet.
The Penthouse is an ideal property for a wide range of guests from:-
a) a couple(s) looking for somewhere they can go to be pampered in luxury in a great part of the city, with the freedom and informality that our home can give when compared to a hotel;
b) families where we have everything you could possibly need for any age from baby through to our more mature guests, from high-chair, bath mat, potty, night lights, dvd's for all ages, books, games etc. Having the TV's/DVD players in each bedroom allows the younger guests to have their own space to watch any movies etc in the bedrooms, leaving the lounge free for the adults to be entertained in. Also The Penthouse is large enough for anyone to find a quiet corner if needed.
c) wedding parties, where the family of the bride or groom, or the couple themselves can spend time together leading-up to the big event, and or afterwards, or honeymooners looking to be pampered after their big day;
d) guests coming for special events like The Edinburgh Festival, The Hogmanay / New Year Street Party, Edinburgh's Christmas Celebrations, rugby internationals, theatre breaks, attending The Highland show etc
e) guests coming for business trips or attending conferences in the city, etc
**Guests looking for short breaks are very welcome, however bookings are only accepted for two nights or more. For any short breaks please contact owner direct to book.
**The property can accommodate from 2 up to 6 guests, plus a double sofa-bed and a cot**”
**Please note NO Stag or Hens Parties.
**We require a £250 damages deposit for every booking**