This Homecoming Scotland 2014 signature event will immerse you in Scotland’s history and culture, commemorating the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn and celebrating the best of Scottish folk music, food and drink.
As well as the extraordinary Battle of Bannockburn re-enactments, the biggest to take place on the Bannockburn battlefield and choreographed by Clanranald, famous for their work on Hollywood blockbusters such as Gladiator, Robin Hood and Thor II; there will be more than 300 living historians working and preparing for battle throughout the day within the interactive medieval encampments allowing you to experience the sights, sounds and atmosphere of 14th century Scotland. Each day there are three opportunities to watch the re-enactment ensuring plenty of time for all to enjoy the action, as well as the other cultural entertainment at this great event.
The cultural entertainment includes:
• a main Scottish music stage- headline folk and contemporary acts to be announced soon
• Clan and Family Village – a meeting point for Clans and Families and the opportunity to trace your Scottish roots
• Food & Drink Village -tastings and food demonstrations, featuring quality Scottish produce, as well as whiskies and real ales
• Storyville- a celebration of our history, including theatre, storytelling, debate, conversation, dreaming and wonder
• Children’s programme- hands-on bush craft, wildlife and outdoor activities including a chance to participate in sports like archery and medieval Highland games.