West Lodge is one of two newly renovated luxury holiday cottages. The cottages originally formed part of the former Dukes of Hamilton's head gamekeepers residence, accommodating the estate dogs and horses. The lodge sleeps 2.
For many years the House of Machrie was the farmhouse for the principle farm on the island and even had a brush with Royalty in 1904. The House is approximately half a mile inland from the western shore.