This tree-lined course is situated in the heart of Lanarkshire overlooking Strathclyde Park. It lies between the M74 and M8 motorways and is within one mile of each.
The layout was opened for play in 1905 and later extended in 1970. The second hole has recently been re-designed by Mark James and Andrew Mair. The first five holes are extremely demanding, providing one of the most difficult starts in golf. This stretch is followed by the gentler "birdie alley" where lost shots can be recovered. The signature hole is the par three 17th which involves a tricky tee shot over out of bounds, from an elevated tee.
Parkland, 18 holes, 5850 yards, SSS 69, Par 69