Colzium Estate lies to the north-east of Kilsyth and features a mansion house, walled garden and ruined castle.
Colzium House was built in the late 18th century and the house and its grounds were gifted to the people of Kilsyth by W Mackay Lennox in 1937. The house is one of the jewels in North Lanarkshire's crown. Originally built in 1783, with additions made in 1861, it's a distinct architectural mix of Scottish Vernacular and the more modern Renaissance styles. Currently the house isn't open to the public although it is available for private hire. The ruins of the 15th century Colzium Castle lies 100m from the house and can be viewed by the public.
The estate lies adjacent to Banton Loch, which partly covers the site of the Battle of Kilsyth (1645) and is accessible via a path. Nearby a traditional Scottish ice-house can be seen, which dates from 1680 and has recently been restored. The walled garden holds an excellent display of conifers and rare plants. The many small glens feature many signposted walks and even a pet cemetery, and there are various play areas for children. The estate also features a purpose built curling pond, and the nearby town of Kilsyth claims to be the birthplace of the sport.