Cowal Golf Club was established in 1891.
It is set in spectacularly beautiful scenery with glorious views down the Firth of Clyde and inland to the magnificent Cowal Hills. It is maintained to a very high standard by very competent green staff. Russell Weir has been the club professional since 1979 and during this time he has also had a very successful golfing career. He also provides golf lessons and tuition. The Professional's shop carries a variety of golf equipment, clothing and miscellaneous goods. Club and caddy car hire is available. There is a practice area and practise putting green. A new clubhouse was built and opened in 1996 for the provision of facilities for members, their guests and visitors including visiting parties and societies. The Steward and his staff provide an excellent standard of catering of both a la carte and bar snacks in the dining room. There is a comfortable lounge, a member's bar and a snooker room.