Founded in 1903, Deeside takes its name from the river valley which climbs westward from Aberdeen into the beautiful hill country of Braemar and Balmoral.
The club has its home on the lower reach of the River Dee at Bieldside, about five miles from the city. The clubhouse commands a lovely view of the river, the surrounding woods and of the Kincardineshire hills on the opposite bank. Over the last few years major reconstruction work has taken place to provide a testing 6, 424-yards 18 hole course in which only five of the holes from the old course are virtually unchanged. These include the 15th (the old sixth), which bears the name James Braid, who was adviser to the club during previous course alterations.
Parkland, 18 holes, 6,424 yards, SSS 72, Par 70