The introduction of Douglas Water, which actually lies within Rigside, was taken at a meeting in 1921 attended by about 20 people.
Land at Collierhall farm was chosen and the tenant farmer approved of the proposal as did her landlord, the Earl of Home. A Lanark Golf Club greenkeeper laid out the course and volunteers did the construction work. The first shot was played in 1922. When the pits closed in the 1960s the golf club suffered a bad period but was healthy again by 1981, when a refurbished clubhouse and course extension was opened. It remains a tidy course with a great mix of challenges and suitable for all players.
Inland, 9 holes, 2,916 yards, SSS 69, Par 72