Pollok Country Park - Glasgow’s largest park and the only Country Park within the city - features the impressive Pollok House as well as the renowned Burrell Collection.
The park was voted Best Park in Britain 2007 and Europe's Best Park 2008. Its extensive woodlands and gardens provide a quiet sanctuary for both visitors and wildlife.
Pollok House is one of Glasgow’s most elegant family homes and was built by successive generations of the Maxwell family, who are known to have lived at Pollok since 1269. The house contains an outstanding collection of Spanish art and the tea room is worth visiting too.
The Burrell Collection is named after its donor, the shipping magnate Sir William Burrell. It features artworks from all corners of the globe and the range and diversity is impressive.
Within the park there is also a walled garden, the Old Stable Courtyard and Sawmill, a play park, a mountain bike circuit, a wildlife garden, woodland walks, riverside walks and Highland cattle.