Prestonfield was formed in 1920, springing from the Edinburgh Civil Service Golf Club.
The original course, designed by Peter Robertson, opened in 1921 and remained substantially unaltered until 1928 when new ground became available. At this time James Braid was called in to re-design the course which was further improved by taking in additional ground for the present 15th hole in 1933. As now laid out the course has a total length on 6, 214-yards and provides a variety of holes that will test the ability of the best players.
Inland, 18 holes, 6,207 yards, SSS 70, Par 70