This well cared for park was donated to the community of Bridge of Allan by Edmund Pullar after the Great War.
The gardens were created by John Pullar Provost of Bridge of Allan between 1870 - 1873. His ancestor Edmund Pullar then donated the park to the community shortly after WWI in 1923. The park is also home to the town’s war memorial and many local residents who died during the World Wars are remembered here.
Bridge of Allen lies to the western end of the Ochil Hills and was developed into a spa resort during the 19th century.
With giant sequoias, the fringes of the park are viewable from miles away. When Pullar donated the gardens he was firm that they only act as a memorial to fallen soldiers and for the general enjoyment of the local community. That’s why no developments have ever been erected in Pullar Memorial Park and why it remains a peaceful spot.