The Jubilee Course at St Andrews was originally opened as a 12-hole layout in 1897 and was extended to 18 holes in 1905.
To keep pace with improvements in technology and to provide St Andrews with another course capable of hosting championship golf, the Links Trust, who run all the St Andrews courses, brought in architect Donald Steel to undertake redesign and refurbishment work. The result is a course that is now considered by some to be the toughest of the St Andrews courses. It was used alongside the Old Course for the Amateur Championship in 2004, the R & As 250th anniversary year.
Type of course: Links
Length: 6,742 yards (Men) 6,043 yards (Ladies)
Par/SSS: 72/73 (Men) Par 75 (Ladies)