Award-winning attraction with unique heather story exhibition, extensive gift shop, large garden centre selling 300 different heathers, antique shop, famous Clootie Dumpling Restaurant and children's play area.
A real feast for the senses
At the heart of the Cairngorms National Park lies an award winning 4-star attraction which has just been awarded GOLD in the environmentally friendly Green Tourism Scheme – The Speyside Centre. Unique, innovative, quality assured, enjoyable and interesting are just some of the expressions used to describe it and there’s so much more to enjoy than heather …
· Garden Centre - the largest in Strathspey selling a full selection of plants for your garden including locally grown shrubs, trees, alpines, herbaceous, fruit, vegetables, conifers and specializing in heathers.
· Garden Shop – stocked full of everything you’ll need to make your garden flourish this summer with fresh stock arriving daily. Containers of all shapes and sizes are available with a complete stock of composts to suit every plant available.
· Wildlife Viewing Area- Surrounded by Scots Pine and Birch, our feeding stations attract an abundance of birds and red squirrels, view in comfort from our sheltered hides
· Gift Shop and Boutique – Stocked full of quality gifts and Summer fashions
· Clootie Dumpling Restaurant – relax and enjoy irresistible hot food served all day, excellent homemade soups, snacks, lunches, meals and including of course Grannys famous Clootie Dumpling served in 21 different ways.
· Art Gallery - Creative Cairngorms, a group of artists, sculptors and photographers from the national park have made our gallery their home to display their skills
· Unique Exhibition - discover the world of heather and learn about the historical, cultural, medicinal and wildlife associations with the plant.
· Heather Trail - stroll around and learn how to look after your own plants
· Antiques Shop - reminisce at the artifacts on display and for sale.
· Toddlers Play Area – A fun safe place for the children to enjoy whilst you relax and make the most of the wealth of things to see and do throughout the Centre
Entry to the Centre is free