The club was formed in 1907 and was originally a nine-hole course on land leased from a local estate owner.
In the 1920s the course was increased to 18 holes, although the fairways on the sixth, seventh and eighth holes were ploughed up during the war and then reinstated after it ended. The Vale is situated on the east side of the valley overlooking the surrounding area with some tremendous views of Loch Lomond and Ben Lomond. From its highest point the views extend as far south as Dumbarton Rock and the Clyde estuary. Although it is fairly short, the introduction of bunkers and the mix of tricky short holes mean scoring is not easy.
Inland, 5,277 yards, SSS 66, Par 67