Whitecraigs Golf Club was founded in 1905. William Fernie, the premier West of Scotland course designer of his time (who included the Ailsa course at Turnberry amongst his commissions) laid out the course.
Subsequently, in the nineteen thirties alterations were conducted under the supervision of James Braid. Whitecraigs has played host to numerous golfing events, none more prestigious than the visits of the American Ryder Cup teams of 1929 and 1933 that included such household names as Walter Hagen, Gene Sarazen and Horton Smith. Open Champions Peter Thomson and Jack Nicklaus have both conducted exhibition matches round the pleasantly undulating inland course that has remained highly rated throughout its almost one hundred year history.
Inland, 18 holes, 6,013 yards, SSS 0, Par 70