Offering fantastic value for money, the Explorer Pass includes free access to 78 sites all over Scotland. Some of the included attractions are; Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, Urquhart Castle, The Border Abbeys, Fort George & Linlithgow Palace.
Explorer Pass Includes:
- Free entry to all Historic Scotland properties - Click on the link at the bottom of the page to download a brochure with a full list of sites
- Free entry to any daytime events
- Free information pack
- 20% discount on audio guides at Edinburgh and Stirling Castles
By visiting just 3 of the 78 attractions you start to save money...
Example of savings offered:
Edinburgh Castle - £16
3 Day Adult Pass - £29
Urquhart Castle - £7.90
SAVING - £8.90
Stirling Castle - £14
Total Cost - £37.90
How To Book
You can book online by clicking on the 'Book' button on this page. You can also check availability and book with our professional, friendly team of experts who are waiting to assist you on 0845 859 1006 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After booking we'll send you your booking confirmation/e- voucher.
The number of locations to collect the Explorer Pass have increased. This is being rolled out by Historic Scotland in a phased approach, eventually all Historic Scotland sites will be able to exchange vouchers for passes.
Please check the available locations with our team of experts at your time of booking.
The passes are valid for 3 Days (over 5 days) or 7 Days (over 14 days) On collecting your pass it will be validated accordingly (i.e. the 3 day over 5 day pass will be validated for 5 days and can be used on any 3 days within the 5 day validity period).
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- If you purchase your ticket online after 4pm Friday until 9am Monday, you will not receive your e-confirmation until Monday. You are unable to use your ticket/pass without this confirmation.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Your voucher can be exchanged for the pass anytime between 1st April 2013 and 31st March 2014. Please note that vouchers will not be accepted before or after these dates.
- Many of the sites open from 9.30am to 5.00pm but please check opening times.
- All Historic Scotland properties are closed on 25th & 26th December as well as 1st and 2nd January (Edinburgh, Stirling and Urquhart Castles may open on 1st and 2nd Jan – please call nearer the time to confirm times.)