Mercat Tours is the original, largest, and only 5-star walking tour company in Scotland. We have been providing award-winning history and ghost tours of Edinburgh since 1985.
Book this tour if you’d like…
- A ghost tour in the safety of daylight
- The famous haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults of Edinburgh
- Entertaining storytelling – except they’re not just stories – it’s all horrifyingly real!
Before darkness descends
It’s really no surprise we’ve such a haunting legacy lingering over our town…before darkness descends explore our ghoulish past in the safety of daylight. However, our Blair Street Underground Vaults always lie in shadow…
With troubling, true stories of gruesome punishment and unsettled spirits, we will relish giving you a flavour of life, and death, in Old Edinburgh. You’ll visit the shadowy closes where the ghosts still cling to the ancient sites. Descend into the famously haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults where the poor souls of Edinburgh's past still haunt her present.
Entertaining & Ghoulish
How To Book
You can book online by clicking on the 'Book' button on this page. You can also check availability and book with our professional, friendly team of experts who are waiting to assist you on 0845 859 1006 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After booking we'll send you your booking confirmation/e- voucher.
Mercat Tours is the original, largest, and only 5-star walking tour company in Scotland. Providing award-winning history and ghost tours of Edinburgh since 1985.
With an extensive portfolio of tours with guaranteed departures, daily, all year round. Tours run by day and night; discover Old Town and New Town; explore above ground and underground; glimpse the historical and ghostly. Mercat promise to engage, enthral and entertain our visitors as we share the city’s remarkable stories.’
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- If you purchase your ticket online after 4pm Friday until 9am Monday, you will not receive your e-confirmation until Monday. You are unable to use your ticket/pass without this confirmation.
- Visitors should report 15 minutes before the tour departs
- Start Mercat Cross, a substantial eight-sided monument next to St Giles Cathedral on the Royal Mile
- Tickets are non-refundable