Mercat Tours is the original, largest, and only 5-star walking tour company in Scotland. We have been providing award-winning history and ghost tours of Edinburgh since 1985.
Book this tour if you’d like…
- A light-hearted entertaining look at our ghoulish past, and ghostly present
- To see the famous haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults of Edinburgh
- A complimentary refreshment in our candle-lit Megget’s Cellar
Entertainment – 17th Century style!
The best way to enjoy our grim, grisly and ghostly past is to hear it as our ghoulish ancestors… the infamous ‘Edinburgh mob’ loved the ‘entertainment’ of blood, guts and gore. And there was plenty provided, especially at the Mercat Cross.
With the most troubling true tales of gruesome punishment and unsettled spirits the city could provide, we will relish giving you a flavour of life, and death, in Old Edinburgh. Some a little too close for comfort…You’ll visit the shadowy closes where the ghosts still cling to the ancient sites.
Descend into the famously haunted Blair Street Vaults where the ghosts of Edinburgh's past still haunt her present. Then end your evening with a convivial drink and further tales in our atmospheric tavern.
The Ghosts and Ghouls tour is our original, flagship ghost tour.
Entertaining & Ghostly
There is a maximum of 40 places per guide on this tour. Tickets sell very quickly on this, our most popular tour, so you are STRONGLY advised to book your ticket in advance.
How To Book
You can book online by clicking on the 'Book' button on this page. You can also check availability and book with our professional, friendly team of experts who are waiting to assist you on 0845 859 1006 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After booking we'll send you your booking confirmation/e- voucher.
Mercat Tours is the original, largest, and only 5-star walking tour company in Scotland. Providing award-winning history and ghost tours of Edinburgh since 1985.
With an extensive portfolio of tours with guaranteed departures, daily, all year round. Tours run by day and night; discover Old Town and New Town; explore above ground and underground; glimpse the historical and ghostly. Mercat promise to engage, enthral and entertain our visitors as we share the city’s remarkable stories.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- If you purchase your ticket online after 4pm Friday until 9am Monday, you will not receive your e-confirmation until Monday. You are unable to use your ticket/pass without this confirmation.
- Start Mercat Cross, Walk Only Finish Interpretation Room, Blair Street
- Visitors should report 15 minutes before the tour departs
- Tickets are non-refundable