Mercat Tours is the original, largest, and only 5-star walking tour company in Scotland. We have been providing award-winning history and ghost tours of Edinburgh since 1985.
Book this tour if you’d like…
- A unique journey round the sites, stories and secrets of the Old Town you might otherwise miss
- A tour led by Mercat historians
- A wonderful introduction to Edinburgh, it’s past and people.
Hidden gems waiting to be discovered
We think the best way to explore Edinburgh is to follow your feet. Where the buses can’t take you, and the guide books don’t show you is where our city’s stories lie – the closes, wynds, courtyards and homes of Old Edinburgh.
We’ll visit the sites that are tucked away to see the secrets and tell the tales. We’ll help unlock our fascinating past – the culture, crime, politics and people of Scotland’s capital.
Fascinating & Revealing
How To Book
You can book online by clicking on the 'Book' button on this page. You can also check availability and book with our professional, friendly team of experts who are waiting to assist you on 0845 859 1006 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After booking we'll send you your booking confirmation/e- voucher.
Mercat Tours is the original, largest, and only 5-star walking tour company in Scotland. Providing award-winning history and ghost tours of Edinburgh since 1985.
With an extensive portfolio of tours with guaranteed departures, daily, all year round. Tours run by day and night; discover Old Town and New Town; explore above ground and underground; glimpse the historical and ghostly. Mercat promise to engage, enthral and entertain our visitors as we share the city’s remarkable stories.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- If you purchase your ticket online after 4pm Friday until 9am Monday, you will not receive your e-confirmation until Monday. You are unable to use your ticket/pass without this confirmation.
- Visitors should report 15 minutes before the tour departs
- Start Mercat Cross, High Street; Finish Interpretation Room, Blair Street
- Tickets are non-refundable