Get the most from your golf break in the Scottish Borders by picking up the Freedom of the Fairways Golf Passport, Scotland’s bestselling golf pass.
This long-running and successful initiative opens up one of Scotland’s loveliest regions to visiting golfers and entitles pass holders to pick from 21 courses. You can play up to 10 rounds of golf and make significant savings on green fees.
Hawick; Galashiels; Macdonald Cardrona; Duns; Eyemouth; The Hirsel; Jedburgh; Lilliardsedge; Innerleithen; The Roxburghe; Lauder; Peebles; Melrose; Newcastleton; Kelso; St Boswells; Torwoodlee; West Linton; Minto; Selkirk; and The Woll.
All you need to know at a glance:
• 3-day Golf Passport £60 (senior) and £120 (adult) – adult permits you to play up to six rounds of golf over three consecutive weekdays (or four rounds if your play includes weekends); and senior permits you to play up to three rounds over any three consecutive days.
• 5-day Golf Passport £100 (senior) and £160 (adult) – adult permits you to play up to ten rounds of golf over five consecutive weekdays (or eight rounds if your play includes weekends); and senior permits you to play up to five rounds over any five consecutive days.
• Passports are valid from 1 April – 31 October 2014.
• Senior Passports are available for those aged 55+.
• Maximum 36 holes to be played on any one course.
• Weekend golf – two adult vouchers may be redeemed for one round at the weekend. For seniors, one voucher per round.
• Participating courses are shown above.
• Please book tee times in advance.
• Courses may be unavailable on days of local competitions or events.
• Latest tee-off time is 4pm.
• Passports are not transferable in time or from golfer to golfer.
• Vouchers cannot be redeemed for anything other than a round of golf.
How to buy your Freedom of the Fairways Golf Passport:
• Please allow 7 days for your order to be processed and for the passport to be posted out to you. When purchasing online, please ensure you set the correct start date for your passport.
• Phone 01835 863170 and pay for your passport by credit/debit card. We accept Switch, Visa and Mastercard (unfortunately we cannot accept cheques)
• Once you arrive in the Scottish Borders you can purchase a Freedom of the Fairways Golf Passport at any VisitScotland Information Centre.
Supplements per round:
Additional supplements are charged at the following course:
• The Roxburghe: adult supplement £20 (per round), junior supplement £10 (per round).
Other points to consider:
• Please observe the rules of etiquette at each club.
• Please note that some courses move on to temporary greens during October for essential maintenance.
• We strongly advise that individuals participating should make their own insurance arrangements, as NO REFUNDS will be given.
• In the event of bad weather forcing the closure of all participating courses, VisitScotland may be able to make partial refunds for unused vouchers.
• Should you lose your Golf Passport either before or during your visit, you will be liable to pay the full purchase price at the time of re-issue.
• VisitScotland and the clubs responsible for the golf courses included in the Freedom of the Fairways Golf Passport will not be held responsible for any loss or injury incurred by those participating in the scheme.