Boat Trips allowing you to experience the World Famous Natural Harbour of Scapa Flow while learning about its History and Observing the wide range of Wildlife.
Through our informative commentaries, discover its history, its importance in the two world wars, its seabirds and its wildlife.
Trips depart from Holm Pier, St. Mary's, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
Tel: 01856 876743/Mobile: 07759 944015/E-mail: email@example.com / Web.: www.orkneyboattrips.co.uk
Open May - July (2016)
On our boat trips, Laurence your skipper will discuss any special interests before the trip commences and, as far as possible, customise the trip to suit you. Our usual tour takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but again this can be varied on request.
On one of our trips you can:
- Follow the course of U47 and visit the wreck site of the HMS Royal Oak.
- Get a closer look at the Churchill barriers and blockships.
- View Orkney's scenery from a different perspective.
- Look for seals and other marine wildlife.
- Watch a wide variety of seabirds: in the air, on the sea and nesting on the cliffs.
- Get a closer look at the enormous oil tankers that anchor in Scapa Flow.
- Or simply, enjoy a few hours on the sea - a great antidote to the stresses of modern life!
Information on the history and wildlife of Scapa Flow is given at various points.
Binoculars are available on board, and if you want to stop to get a closer look or take photographs, just ask!
Charter sea-angling trips within Scapa Flow can be organised. Rods and tackle can be provided on prior arrangement for a small additional charge. Boat hire is £50 per hour (maximum of four fishing).
We carry up to six passengers.
Trips can be available at all times of the day, but there are certain times when we cannot access the pier due to low tide. Please call us to confirm what times we will operate on your chosen day.
Prices for 2016 season (for our standard 2 1/2 - 3 hour trip):
Total trip price for 1 Person - £110
2 Persons - £110
3 Persons - £120
4 Persons - £140
5 Persons - £160
6 Persons - £180
Prices are for an exclusive hire of the boat. Discounts may be available on trips shared with other groups. Please contact us for prices for longer or shorter trips.