Usher Historic Walks are led and hosted by Stuart Usher. Fittingly the walks start from outside the Usher hall donated by Mr Usher's family. These walks take in many amazing stories of Edinburgh's past.
USHER HISTORIC WALKS:
Usher Historic Walks are led and hosted by Stuart Usher, a senior member of the Usher family in Scotland. His family have been associated with Edinburgh for centuries. Fittingly the walks start from outside the Usher hall donated by Mr Usher's family to the city of Edinburgh. The Walks focus on the Historical, Cultural and Architectural heritage of Edinburgh in an anecdotal, interactive and often humorous manner!
• The Walks are from 10.00am to Midday or longer and 2.00 to 4pm or longer, up to a maximum of three hours, depending on the wishes of the Walkers
• The Walks are restricted to a maximum of ten persons. This is to make them more informative and personal.
• We enter St Giles Cathedral and an Art Gallery where Walkers can view paintings by the Titans of the Art world like Titian, Raphael and Leonardo da Vinci, Rembrandt, Van Dyck among many others.
• Walkers will be treated to a drink in an ancient Edinburgh Public house by Stuart.
MEETING UP AND DRESS:
• Walkers are advised to assemble outside the canopy of the Central Entrance of USHER HALL shortly before the Walk starts where Stuart will be waiting for them.
• Walkers are advised that the Edinburgh weather is somewhat changeable and should therefore attire themselves accordingly.
• £20.00 per person. A Group Booking of six to ten persons will result in a 20% Discount (ie £16.00 pp instead of £20.00pp)
Booking is essential in order to guarantee a Departure. This can be done by going to the Bookings page on the UHW website: www.edinburghenlightenmentwalks.com or by phoning Mr Usher on 07976007778
• Bookings for Half Day, Full Day or longer by individuals or groups can be made by the same methods as above.