Airth is a pretty conservation village that lies on the south bank of the River Forth.
On high ground overlooking the town is Airth Castle. This four story tower house was built for the Elphinstone family in 1508. Today the castle operates as an exclusive hotel and luxury spa.
One of the town’s highlights is the 17 ft high Mercat Cross. This was erected in 1697 replacing an older cross which is still in place near Airth Castle. On the eastern slopes of Airth Hill are the remains of a ruined church which dates back to the 12th century.