Buchlyvie is a small village located to the south of Flanders Moss National Nature Reserve to the west of Stirling.
This small settlement was probably established well before 1600. It began to prosper after the building of the old military road in the early 1700s. Today the village is serviced by a well-stocked store, garage, café, butcher, pottery shop, art gallery and two inns. Visitors to the town will find a number of Bed & Breakfast accommodation services. There are a number of pleasant walks around Buchlyvie including the old railway line and the nearby forests and hills. The remains of an ancient broch, known locally as ‘The Fairy Knowe’ can be found near the village.