Forth is a village near Lanark that stands at 1,000 ft above sea level and has a population of around 3,500.
The village is known locally as ‘The Forth’ and is first mentioned in a great seal of charter in 1599. Weaving and mining were strong industries in and around the village over the centuries. Forth today has a sports centre, a library and some shops and eateries. There is a good choice of walking and cycling routes in the area and Forth has won awards in the Beautiful Scotland campaign.