Gartmore is a pretty conservation village located in the western edge of the Carse of Forth.
Gartmore is an excellent example of an 18th century planned estate village. Some of the key heritage sites include cup and ring stones, the Cunningham Graham Memorial, the Cayzer Burial Ground and moondial. The Rob Roy Way long distance walk and the National Cycle Route 7 pass by the village.
The Black Bull Hotel dates from the early 18th century when it was a popular stopover for Highland cattle drover and frequented by the legendary Rob Roy MacGregor. There is also a community owned shop and Post Office in the village.
Gartmore House was originally built by the Graham Family in the early 18th century. The last owner of the Gartmore estate was Robert Bontine Cunninghame Graham (1852 - 1936) a noted writer, traveller and politician. To the north of the house lie the ruins of Gartarten Castle, a 16th century tower house.