Located on the Moray Firth coast four miles west of the town of Fraserburgh, Rosehearty is a small fishing town in the north of Aberdeenshire
This one of the oldest seaports in Scotland is believed to have been founded by a party of Danes who were ship-wrecked there in the early 14th century.
Once a booming fishing port, Rosehearty is now an active recreational harbour. The harbour lies at the east end of the old heart of the village and is regularly used by around 20 boats most involved in part-time fishing. The southern side of Rosehearty has the 9-hole golf course and two ruined castles. These are the Pitsligo Castle built by the Fraser family in 1424 on a site few hundred yards inland from the coast and the Pittulie Castle build a short distance to the east. One of the most recent and most distinctive structures in Rosehearty is a tall white observation tower and it sits to the west side of town.
Rosehearty has distinctive rows of fishermen’s cottages which extend around the shoreline and the rocky cliffs, sandy beaches and historic monuments make the town an attractive walking area.