Campers From History
All our vehicles are genuine 1960's, 70's & 80's right hand drive campers , fully fitted out to modern standards however retaining the original theme where practical. All have fully comprehensive insurance and come with AA fleet recovery and an assortment of spares. All our vans come with Privilege "Caravan and Camping Club" membership, so you will have a camping pack showing all the locations of the club sites and will also give you great discounts off camping site prices.
Touring Scotland and the Lake District
We are ideally situated to tour all of Scotland, offering a unique opportunity to take in all this beautiful country has to offer. The lake district is also only a few hours drive away, enabling easy access to this fantastic corner of England and all its attractions. With no restriction on mileage, you don't have to worry about how much ground you've covered, just relax and take in the views.
The Bonnie Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond
We have put together a number of packages to run consecutively with our bed and breakfast " Sunnyside B&B " situated not far from Loch Lomond and right next to the National Park. We offer a camper discount off 20% off our advertised B&B rate if you decide to relax your first night in our B&B. Ideal to start your camper adventure first thing in the morning, refreshed and ready to go.
Please e-mail to check availability as renting a camper is dependent on the winter weather conditions ie Ice, Snow etc.
Directions from South ( via Glasgow.)
1. M6 & M74 & M8
2. M8 Junction 30 Erskine Bridge (M898).
3. Exit M898 Left Dumbarton A82.
4. Stay on A82 (dual-carriageway).
5. At the "Dunglass" Roundabout head for Dumbarton
6. Note:about 500 mtrs after the Roundabout the speed limit changes to 40.
7. Head straight through the next main set of Traffic lights , a "Y" junction. i.e. keep to the Right.
8. Head for Crianlarich , Balloch & Loch lomond Shores A82.
9. About 2 miles further down the A82 is a major set of Traffic Lights.
10. Head Straight over, on the A82. Within 200 Mtrs is another Roundabout. The "Barloan" Roundabout, then the Lomondgate roundabout head straight over both still on the A82. ( you can turn right at the Lomondgate roundabout onto the A813 as well. Preferred route straight on)
11. About 3 miles further on is the " Stoney Mollan" Roundabout. Turn Right For Balloch & Stirling on the A811.
12. At the next Roundabout ( approx 500 Mtrs away) head Straight over.
13. At the next roundabout ( within a mile) turn Right on the A813 for Jamestown and Bonhill. You are About 1.2 Mile away from Sunnyside!
14. Just under a mile further down the road you will approach a small roundabout, go Straight on. We are about 200 mtrs further on the Left. Please park on the Right Hand side.
Directions from NORTH SCOTLAND ( VIA STIRLING A9 )
1. From the North on the A9 head for Stirling, head into town.
2. Find the A811, head for Drymen , Balloch , Loch Lomond & Glasgow.
3. Stay on the A811, passing Gargunnock, Kippen, Buchlyvie, Drymen, Gartocharn.
4. As you reach the edge of Balloch the Speed limit will change to 40 mph.5. At the next roundabout turn Left onto the A813 for Jamestown and Bonhill. You are About 1.2 Mile away from Sunnyside!6. Just under a mile further down the road you will approach a small roundabout, go Straight on. We are about 200 mtrs on the Left. Please park on the Right Hand side.
Directions from NORTH A82.
1. A82 at the " Stoney Mollan" Roundabout. Turn LEFT For Balloch & Stirling on the A811.
2. At the next Roundabout ( approx 500 Mtrs away) head Straight over.
3. At the next roundabout ( within a mile) turn Right on the A813 for Jamestown and Bonhill. You are About 1.2 Mile away from Sunnyside!
4. Just under a mile further down the road you will approach a small roundabout, go Straight on. We are about 200 mtrs further on on the Left. Please park on the Right Hand side.
Directions by Train
From Glasgow’s QUEENS STREET STATION catch the Balloch Train ( Lower Level).Depart the train at Alexandria station (last before Balloch) and head Right, walking down the footpath. Cross over the main road. Walk towards Bonhill bridge. Walk over the bridge ( if you have not walked over a river you are not heading in the correct direction) and at the T Junction, turn Left (for Balloch and Jamestown). We are about a 5 minute walk away and are on the Right hand side of the road.
From Airport with no Hire Car.
There is a Bus / Train enquiry office inside Glasgow Airport, near Luggage Carousel ( not easily seen as it is at the back)From Glasgow Airport take the express Coach Service 950 Stance number 4 ( every 1/2 hour). Ask the driver to tell you when you get to Queen st railway station. ( Glasgow)You need a ticket to Balloch and then find the lower level train platform. Make sure you get the Balloch train. You can get off at Alexandria or Balloch
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.