With white sandy beaches on the doorstep, secluded bays, and an impressive range of wildlife including whales, porpoises, otters, seals, eagles, puffins and much, much, more, what more could you ask for?
We have 3 self-catering holiday cottages let on a weekly basis (New House, Gallanach cottage and Seileachan). The Isle of Muck is about 2 hours from the mainland, and ferries depart from both Mallaig and Arisaig.
Seileachan holiday cottage (weekly lets, Saturday-Saturday) - tel: 01687 462362 or email: email@example.com
Available to let all year round. Short breaks considered out with peak periods.
Seileachan (sleeps 2-5, 1 bedroom plus sofabed, (2020 from £300- £440/week including bills)):
This charming cottage is private and peaceful, yet only a few minutes walk from the white sands of Gallanach bay. A stone building conversion, Seileachan is stylish and comfortable, and perfectly located from which to explore the island.
Kitchen/diner/sitting room: This open plan room with solid wood flooring offers everything you require to relax. The kitchen has shaker style cream units with oak worktops and pine furnishings, and a large dining table and chairs. The kitchen is well equipped with a fridge (with freezer compartment), gas cooker, microwave, washing machine and kettle.
The sitting room provides comfortable chairs, sofabed (double - slatted wood base) and coffee table. The cottage has central heating and plenty of hot water. There are also a selection of cards, games, books, DVDs and a radio.
All beds have a comfortable mattress and quality cotton sheets.
Bedroom 1: A solid pine double bed, with single bed above, oak drawers and bedside cabinet.
Bathroom: A traditional bathroom with cast iron bath, sink and toilet.
Wi-fi (fast) is throughout the cottage.
Location: Only a few minutes walk from the main beach in Gallanach bay, on the north side of the island. It is just under 1 mile from Port Mor, where the piers, tearoom, and the Community Hall are located, and a 20-30 minute walk to CAMAS Mor (SSSI), and 30-40 minute walk to the top of Beinn Airean, Muck's highest point, which commands fantastic views of Muck and the surrounding islands. An ideal base from which to explore.
- Getting Here:
Ferries to and from Muck sail from Mallaig and Arisaig, 40 miles from Fort William. It takes about 2 hours on the ferry, and is all part of your holiday adventure. You may even see a whale or porpoises on the way! The details are as follows:
• Caledonian MacBrayne (MV Loch Nevis) - www.calmac.co.uk tel: 01687 310240 option 2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. NB. Summer timetable sails to/from Muck Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. Winter timetable sales to Muck Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat.
• Arisaig Marine (MV Sheerwater) - www.arisaig.co.uk tel: 01687 450224. Email: email@example.com. NB. Sailings are only between April - September, leaving Arisaig at 10am.
The closest airports are Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. You can then either drive to Fort William, and then on to Arisaig or Mallaig to catch the ferry, or get the train from Glasgow direct to Mallaig. The Caledonain Sleeper train is also a superb way to travel from London to Arisaig or Mallaig.
- Advanced booking recommended
- Travel cot and high chair available on request (please bring your own cot bedding)
- Payment by BACS, cash or cheque - we are unable to process credit/debit cards
- All bills are included
- All linen is provided. Please bring your personal towels (unless by prior arrangement). Hand towels for the kitchen and bathroom are provided
- Cottage is to be left clean and tidy upon departure
- Please bring all food for your own catering (there is no general store on Muck). Though local produce such as Isle of Muck shellfish, lamb, eggs and seasonal vegetables are often available
- There is a Co-op in Mallaig, and Spar shop in Arisaig, and a general store on the Isle of Eigg. You can either purchase supplies before you arrive, or supplies can be sent over on the ferry using these stores). Details will be provided when you make a reservation
- The Craft Shop & Tearoom is open April-September (please tel: 07908956822 to enquire about opening times), and sells homemade soups, sandwiches, toasties and cakes. A great place for morning coffee, lunches and afternoon teas. The Craft Shop also sells some crafts and stocks a few provisions
- Well behaved dogs are welcome.
- Short breaks are available during the low season
- Longer residential stays also available for monthly lets out of season (reasonable monthly rates), suitable for those who would like to work, study or simply relax and be part of a small west coast Community
- No smoking is permitted in the cottages
To reserve a holiday cottage, or for further information please contact Ruth MacEwen email: 01687 462362 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website: www.isleofmuck.com