1 Priory Court
Set next to the ruins of beauly priory for outlander fans there s the clan fraser of lovat connection as outlander hero jamie fraser descends from. The author took many of the character names from gravestones within the grounds. The name beauly comes from the french beau lieu or beautiful place a comment made by mary queen of scots visit in 1564. The bustling village square offers varied shops and eating places. Enjoy a round of golf on one of the nearby golf courses or a spot of fishing on the river beauly fishing permits can be purchased from the local ironmongers. A visit to the famous loch ness exhibition centre and glen urquhart castle is a must.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.