2 bedrooms – sleep 4 ⬥ Sun room ⬥ Landscaped garden with stream ⬥ Pet welcome ⬥ Wi-Fi
The pictures tell the story. Ashburn Cottage has been refurbished to a high standard, with modern fixtures and fittings, while retaining the character of the original property. It is available to visitors to come and enjoy a stay in this most scenic of locations.
You will be comfortable, cosy, and glued to the views as you watch the comings-and-goings in the village and on the loch.
What a location. Steps away from the village store, and near to the Goil Inn, perfect for a social drink or meal. Close to the jetty for fishing, the shores of the tidal sea loch for exploring, and the start of a number of marked walking trails to take in the ever changing views.
You approach the cottage over a bridge crossing a small stream (use of the garden by unsupervised children is not advised) in the enclosed landscaped garden. There is a lawn area, rock garden and patio, with patio furniture. You will find a sun room with views over the gardens and Loch Goil. This benefits from the sun until it dips behind the mountains of Beinn Bheula and Beinn Lochain to the west. The large 22 foot sitting room has an exposed brick wall, which is an attractive feature, as well as a multi-fuel stove and dining area. You will also find a modern fitted kitchen with dining table; utility room; two bedrooms and a spacious shower room.
- Off-road parking for 2 cars to the rear of the cottage.
BEDROOM AND BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 – Double
- Bedroom 2 – Twin beds
- Bedrooms are carpeted and have wardrobes for storage space
- Shower room with large walk in shower
- Lounge with multi-fuel stove – starter pack of kindling, firelighters, logs and 10kg bag of coal included. Extra logs and / or 10kg bag of coal available on request at £5 per bag via the housekeeper
- SKY TV + Smart TV with internet connection for catch-up and other channels
- Dining table – seating for 4
- Modern kitchen, gas 4-ring hob and electric oven, fridge, freezer, microwave, cafetiere
- All the utensils you will need: pots, crockery, cutlery, glasses
- Bed linen provided – please bring your own towels. Optional towel pack available on request
- Iron & ironing board
- Washing machine
- No smoking property
- Combo-Boiler LPG gas central heating throughout – Energy included
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in the toilet plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
- Safety: smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, fire blanket, first aid kit
- Pet – 1 dog is welcome – £30 charge – please advise at time of booking
- Good housekeeping deposit – £50
- We require a GHD from you representing your agreement to leave the property as found. The owner may claim for any loss or damage, extra cleaning costs, smoking in property or undeclared over-occupancy. You pay this by a pre-authorised debit or credit card the day before arrival. The pre-authorisation is released within 3 days of departure, unless there is a claim.
- Finding Ashburn Cottage: We make it easy. A detailed map and directions will be emailed on receipt of the final payment
- Entry: A key safe code is sent with the directions. You are not met my anyone – you let yourself in
- Arrival & departure: From 4pm on arrival until 10am on departure
- Shopping: Small grocery store in the village, Costcutter mini-market 1 mile away, ASDA deliver to this holiday home