Stunning luxury apartment set in the recently converted Victorian building overlooking the town park
Benheath House Penthouse Apartment is set in the superbly renovated Victorian building, Benheath, overlooking the town park of Crieff and mountains beyond. The views from lovely south facing balcony set this apartment apart from the competition, with stunning views over the town park and Scottish Highlands. There are 2 bedrooms (both double beds but smaller only suitable for one person) and 1 bathroom.
The apartment is newly renovated and furnished, so they are very well equipped, with high quality finishes including underfloor heating, luxury kitchen. Wifi. There is private parking and secure entry system, storage shed for bikes/golf clubs as well as nice communal gardens. As the apartment is on the top floor, there is lift access, there is no steps at all from the time guests leave their car until they enter the apartment.
The apartment is wonderful with exceptionally good quality of furnishings – a mid-century design theme - as well as beautiful original artwork, comfy king-size beds and of course unlimited high speed wifi. You can rest assured that the apartment is 5 star luxury self-catering in Perthshire.
Crieff Hydro is very nearby so you can readily enjoy all the facilities there but return to the luxury and seclusion of Benheath. Crieff is well placed for exploring Scotland with the Trossachs National Park nearby as well as easy access to both coasts and the central Highlands. Town park nearby, Famous Grouse Whisky Distillery just down the road. We do hope that you will come and stay with us and experience luxury 5 star self catering in Scotland.
Guests always ask me what is the area like, so I created my Top 10 things to do in the Crieff area, If you manage to tick off these you will be guaranteed to have a wonderful time and want to come back again. So here we go....
1. Ring of Breadalbane Explorer - this is the bus which does a loop around Perthshire, and you can bring your bikes and pop on and pop off when you like. The bus stop is from the Crieff Hydro Hotel (just 5 min walk from the apartment). I would stop off in Killin and cycle to Lochearnhead (when you get the bus again). Stop off at Kenmore and Aberfeldy both lovely villages. Go to the WaterMill in Aberfeldy- my favourite spot, converted Mill into book shop, coffee and gallery, always a nice fire. Rated one of the top 50 book shops in the world - how cool is that �
2. Spend the day Perth for a day, 20 min drive from Crieff and go for a walk along the Tay and up to Kinoull Hill
3. Get the train to Edinburgh for the day, in August the Edinburgh festival is on, but any time of the year is a great time to visit
4. Hang out in Crieff for the day, some great walks / cycles around the area (go to the Tourist Office for details, which is in the centre of the town), check out Crieff Food Market, fab food selection from all over Scotland
5. Go to Delivinos for lunch / evening one day (in the centre of town), and definitely go to Yanns for dinner one evening (on the Perth Road, just 5 mins walk from the apartment), lovely French / Scottish restaurant, you will need to book in advance, as its very busy
6. Cycle / Walk to Famous Grouse Distillery (about 1 mile away) Scottish oldest distillery, there is a great tour, easy on the whiskey! you'll fall off your bike on the way home. There is a nice walk over the Knock (the hill in Crieff) where the Crieff Hydro is, down the other side to the The Famous Grouse and then you can walk around the river Earn back to Crieff
7. Hang out in MaCrosty Park and Taylor Park, down by the river, lovely parks for a picnic
8. Get the bus to Comrie, cute village next to Crieff (you can cycle there as well, take the back road, its quieter and more scenic. Go for a coffee/lunch in the Royal Hotel in Comrie. Cycle/Drive up to the WW2 Prisoner of War camp, very usually place, but worth a visit.
9. Cycle/ Drive over to Gleneagles Hotel (home of the Ryder Cup in 2014), 5 star world famous hotel, wonderful ESPA spa and restaurants which the public can use. If you want to push the boat out, go to Andrew Fairleys Restaurant (Scotlands only 2 Micheln star restaurant) - you will definitely need to book in advance and bring lots of cash!. Taxi will be about £10 each way, posh clothes required!! great experience.
10. Cycle / Drive to Drummond Gardens just outside Crieff, very impressive gardens, there is a very cool tree-lined long driveway up to the castle.
I hope you like the list and enjoy your time in Crieff. John
|Benheath House Apartment||£550 Per unit per week|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.