Welcome to Birchwood Cottage, a 4 star, three bedroom self-catering cottage on the bank of Loch Long. The cottage is beautifully appointed and is perfectly located for exploring Lochalsh, Glen Sheil, Kintail and the Isle of Skye.
Birchwood Cottage is situated on the shores of Loch Long, a two minute drive or 15 minute walk from the village of Dornie and the picturesque Eilean Donan Castle, historical home to the Clan MacRae.
The beautiful cottage has three bedrooms, sleeping 6 people. A cot is also available. Downstairs Birchwood features a well-appointed kitchen / dining room in a country cottage style, a spacious living room with two sofas, two armchairs, flatscreen Smart TV & DVD player, and wonderful views through a patio door directly to Loch Long. The patio door leads out on to decking with seating to allow the loch views to be enjoyed to the full. Also downstairs, there is a double bedroom, modern family bathroom (bath, shower, hand basin & WC) with under-floor heating, and large utility / drying room. Upstairs features two twin bedrooms. Upstairs bedrooms have a TV and the cottage has free, unlimited, full-fibre WiFi for guests use.
Birchwood provides a central location for exploring Lochalsh, Skye and Wester Ross. The village of Dornie has a shop, Post Office, hotel/pubs (within walking distance of the cottage) serving lunches and evening meals. Nearby highlights include:
- the renowned Eilean Donan Caste
- the picturesque village of Plockton
- beaches at Glenelg, Ashaig and Applecross
- walking / hiking opporunties around Lochalsh, Kintail & Glen Shiel
- nearby Falls of Glomach
- Brochs at Glenelg and Totaig
- the famously picturesque Isle of Skye
- boat trips from Kyle of Lochalsh and Plockton
- sea and loch kayaking
- numerous outdoor pursuits including walking, hiking, golf, fishing, horse riding
- wildlife and bird-watching opportunities.
|Birchwood||£450 Per unit per week|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.